AIE Melbourne Campus Overview
Melbourne is at the forefront of games development in Australia. Since opening here in 2004, AIE has cemented its place within the local games and visual production industry as the place where studios go when looking for talented artists and programmers.
Located in the St Kilda Rd precinct, a hub for many games companies, AIE students use the latest versions of industry standard software to create games and animated film under the guidance of a friendly, industry experienced teaching staff. With the campus only a short tram ride from CBD, there are endless opportunities to experience the richness of Melbourne life, including its many international film, arts and sporting events.
AIE graduates work at all levels across the major studios in Melbourne as well as many international ones and have worked on a huge number of games including the blockbuster Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA IV, Rockstar Games) and the top selling iPhone apps Flight Control and Sims 3.
|Melbourne applicants only: Please note that the applications for all Advanced Diploma courses and the Bachelor degree offered at AIE Melbourne campus need to submit via Victoria Tertiary Admission Centre (VTAC). For more information on how to apply via VTAC, please follow the link.
AIE Melbourne campus is located here:
View Larger Map
Where do I send my application to study at the Melbourne campus?
Send your application to study at AIE Melbourne to:
14 Queens Road
Melbourne VIC 3004
Phone: (03) 9820 8201
Fax: (03) 9821 4201
- Student Concessions are applicable to AIE Melbourne students for discounts on rail travel, movie viewing, student software and much more.
- All Advanced Diploma courses are AUSTUDY and VET FEE-HELP approved.
- Vicotria Government Funding now is available at AIE Melbourne. For further information, please follow this link.
Credit Transfer, Pathways and Articulation
- The Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development (Specialising in Software Development) currently provides a pathway to the Bachelor of Games and Virtual Worlds (Programming) with Canberra Institute of Technology.
- The AIE Advanced Diploma qualification is nationally accredited and is acknowledged by universities, TAFEs and other registered training organisations in Australia.
- For applicants who do not meet the current criteria and wish to undertake the AIE Advanced Diploma programs or the Bachelor degree, the Certificate II and the Certificate III programs offer a pathway to relevant full-time courses.
International student information
- Our Advanced Diploma courses are CRICOS registered and are available to international citizens applying for a student visa.
- All other courses delivered on site may be studied by international citizens in Australia, subject to visa conditions, however they are not CRICOS registered and Student Visas cannot be applied for as a primary course of study.
- Online courses may be studied by international citizens.
- For further information visit our international student section.