Games and Animation Courses for International Students
Study Games, 3D and Visual Effects at AIE in Australia
- Choose games and animation courses from campuses in three of Australia’s most dynamic and diverse major cities - Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra.
- Gain programming or artistic skills that can be used worldwide from an internationally renowned institution.
in a friendly, supportive and interactive environment by teachers who
have professional experience in the games and film industries.
- 3D animation students can learn how to make games, movies and 3D simulations.
- Small class sizes mean plenty of one-on-one teacher/student interaction and individual attention in your games and 3D animation courses.
- Experience Australia's unique lifestyle and culture and the opportunity to study in some of the world's most liveable cities.
- Regular games and film industry speakers are part of our course program and ensure you gain current industry insight and experience.
games and animation graduates are highly sought after by employers with an average of 60%
finding jobs in gaming or film, 30% finding jobs in 3D design fields
and the remaining 10% continuing study at university or leading colleges
- Social events for students such as screening nights and LAN parties.
For full information on AIE campuses and games and 3D animation courses offered to international students, please view our International Student Prospectus: No media download found.
Frequently Asked Questions for International Students
Testimonials from AIE Graduates
"Thanks to the AIE, I now have the best job in the world, working
on AAA quality games such as BioShock with the awesome bunch of guys
and girls at 2K Australia. If you're serious about getting into games,
the AIE is where you need to go."
Ben Driehuis, AIE Canberra 2007 Graduate
"AIE offers a sophisticated and elaborate yet easy to understand
course in both game art and programming. The experience will be
exhilarating as the person undertakes one of the many milestones into
becoming one of the best the industry has to offer."
Linh Tran, AIE Sydney 2009 Graduate
"Game development for many graduates is just a pipe dream. The AIE
provided me with the skills and knowledge to realise that dream. With
such close ties to industry, the AIE not only provided students with
the best training, but also a foot in the door to network directly with
game companies to help land that elusive job."
Tom Johnstone, AIE Melbourne Graduate and Senior Graphics Programmer, Rockstar Games
"I can definitively say that AIE Canberra was the main factor that
got my foot in the door and allowed me to build a career in games. More
so than any university degree the AIE taught me the skills needed to
make it in the industry that I love."
Andrew Hung, AIE Canberra Graduate and Software Engineer, Visceral Games Australia
"I appreciate the way AIE has given me lots of opportunities to
develop my skills in 3D animation. My teacher knows what is needed and
how to develop my abilities for a future career in the 3D animation
industry. The way the students work together on projects is very
Nari Kiyomoto, AIE Melbourne 2008 Graduate
"I wasted five years of my life at university/TAFE. AIE has the only
course specifically designed for 3D modelling/animation that I needed"
Pete Gunston, AIE Melbourne 2009 Graduate
"The AIE was an experience I will never forget. The teachers were
very supportive and great giving advice, and critique. They would
always encourage me to enter competitions to greater improve my skills
and receive feedback from professionals. When it came to applying for
jobs, they would offer great advice and even gave me industry contacts
to help me get my foot in the door. Without the help and support of
AIE, working in games would not have ever been possible."
Tejay Fraser-Chitticks, AIE Canberra 2008 Graduate
SEND AN ENQUIRY