Why Study at AIE
- AIE is Australia’s most established Game Design and 3D Animation Educator.
- All AIE Teachers have worked in the Games or 3D Animation industries and are able to share their insight and industry-experience.
- AIE has an excellent track record of placing graduates into industry-relevant places since 1996. Our current students often find that the person who conducts their job interview for a 3D Animation or Games Design role is a past AIE graduate, teacher or partner. Check out our Recent AIE Graduate Destinations for more details.
- AIE is proud to have been rewarded for our achievements, achieving state and national awards for our leading practice in vocational education and training.
- Our courses have been written in consultation with industry, a process which is continually reviewed to maintain quality graduates for the Australian Digital Content industries.
- AIE’s vast industry links allow students to develop contacts and build networks in the Australian Games Development and 3D Animation industries.
- Students have a choice of four campuses, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra or Adelaide. Online study also allows students to study and gain qualifications and skills from anywhere in the world.
- Both Sydney and Canberra campuses are co-sited with established games companies and offer genuine industry training creating 3D or games product in teams.
- Our game development courses give students the reality of the games production environment and culture. In many instances students gain valuable experience during their studies, working directly with industry partners.
- AIE is very aware of emergent skill needs and new trends in Australian industry through its board membership of the Games Developers Association of Australia, its organisation of the annual Games Academic Summit, its regular contribution and advice to State and Federal Governments and its many informal contacts nationally and internationally.
- AIE students have the chance to be part of a number of innovative programs including the Women in Games Group and scholarship schemes from Sony Foundation Australia.
- A unique strategic partnership with Canberra Institute of Technology, enables students studying at AIE Canberra to access services inherent to a large public provider, whilst still being able to enjoy the personal and specialist service of a smaller organisation. Check out the CIT website for more information.